From The Chef
The sweet melon notes in the Uproot Sauvignon Blanc pair perfectly with -- no surprise! -- salty cured hams such as jamón ibérico and prosciutto. Pack up a bunch of these panini and a few bottles of chilled Sauvingnon Blanc for a delightful spring picnic.
- One 8-inch piece of baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 2 to 3 slices of jamón Ibérico or jamón Serrano
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic, mashed to a fine paste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Spread a layer of roasted garlic paste on the bread as thinly and evenly as you can.
- Spread a layer of butter on the bread as thinly and evenly as you can.
- Layer on slices of ham, making sure there’s enough to cover the entire panini.
- Pour yourself a glass of Uproot and Enjoy!